Theresalmon troutit is characterized by the color of its flesh which tends to be salmon pink. Theresalmon troutit is not onespecies in itselfbut it is a simple onetroutwhich has pink meat due to its diet. The salmon trout, caught in the wild, feeds mainly on crustaceans while the farmed trout (the most present on the market) is fed with shrimp flours and other feed rich in carotenoids. It is these pigments that make the meat of thesalmon troutso special.
Theresalmon trout, due to its characteristic, it tends to cost more than the classic trout. For hiscleaning, to fillet it or to cook it, you can use therecipesof the classic trout. If you are wonderinghow to fillet a cooked salmon troutor raw, I refer you to the guide: how to clean trout. On this page we will see somerecipespecific to enhance the flavor ofsalmon trout.
Salmon trout: recipes
Better to replace the oil provided for other fish-based recipes with butter: the butter creates a homogeneous emulsion, its texture enhances the flavor of the fillets ofsalmon troutwhich will be softer and more delicate.
For thesalmon trout recipeswe recommend the use of clarified butter: the fats of clarified butter can reach higher temperatures without burning. Let's start with the pate recipe ofsmoked salmon trout.
Recipe: Smoked salmon trout paté
The consistency of the butter mixed with that of thesmoked salmon troutreturns apateperfect to bring to the table. Here are the ingredients for therecipesof thesmoked salmon trout pate.
- 300 gr of smoked salmon trout fillet
- 125 g of butter
- 1 organic lemon
- mix of aromatic herbs *
- 100 g of sandwich bread
- 1 orange
- sea salt
- 1 pink grapefruit (optional but recommended)
A great mix of herbs to use for this one recipe is given by 10 g of chives and 10 g of dill. Here's how to proceed:
- Fillet the smoked salmon trout.
- Transfer the fillets to a blender until it becomes creamy.
- Mix the butter at room temperature with the fillet until creamy.
- Add salt, grated lemon zest and herbs.
- Transfer the mixture to a 20 × 8 cm pan that you have covered with cling film. Let the mixture rest in a cold place like the freezer, it will take you 15 - 20 minutes.
- Then cut thesmoked trout pateinto cubes. Decorate everything with pink grapefruit peel and orange peel.
Yoursrecipe for smoked salmon trout patéit's ready! It can be cut into small slices and placed on crissini, or, at room temperature, it will be spreadable and creamy.
Recipe: baked salmon trout with potatoes
Just like the salmon trout paté, this toorecipeit is convenient because it can be prepared in advance. You can prepare thesalmon troutthe day before and bake it in the oven just before serving, without dirtying the kitchen! Here's what you need for this recipe:
- 2 salmon trout or very large fillets
- 3 medium potatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- chopped parsley
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 10 black olives
- sea salt
- extra virgin olive oil or two knobs of butter
Follow the directions abovehow to clean troutto remove the entrails. You can decide whether to prepare the trout fillets or bake the whole trout in the oven. Here's how it goes on:
- Peel and cut the potatoes into slices.
- Lay down thetrouton a sheet of baking paper.
- Season thesalmon troutadding extra virgin olive oil and salt (even inside the gash of the belly if it is whole).
- Add olives, sliced potatoes, and tomatoes.
- Add the chopped parsley and crushed garlic.
- Close the parchment paper so that it wraps perfectlysalmon trout.
- To cook thisbaked recipeyou will need to preheat the appliance to 180 ° C. Cooking times are around 30 minutes for trout fillets and around 40 minutes for thewhole salmon trout.
If you have decided tocook the whole salmon trout, in the oven, you will need to remove the skin before serving.