Vegan ragout, many recipes easy to experiment. With soy, seitain, tempeh or vegetable sauce only. From Bolognese to Genoese ragù.
For the recipes you can use any soy-based vegetable meat, then tempeh, seitan or soy granules. The soy granulate replaces the beef in the great classic Italian ragùs such as the Bolognese one or the Genoese ragù alla Neapolitan. For those who want avegan ragout without soy, the last recipe will be the one with vegetables only.
Vegan Bolognese Ragù, the recipe
Here are the ingredients for thevegan ragout:
- 350 g of soy granules
- 1 liter of tomato sauce
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 glass of white wine
- salt and pepper as needed
Rehydration of soy granules
Rehydrate the soy granules by dipping it in hot water (or vegetable broth) for 20 minutes. These instructions are only indicative because each manufacturer has its own "rules". The rehydration seen refers to the soy granular "Fior di Loto" proposed on Amazon at a price of 2.79 euros for 350 gr or 7.97 euros per kg.
For all information on the product mentioned, I refer you to the Amazon page "Granular Soy". Other manufacturers want rehydration in boiling water for 10 minutes, so read the directions before use.
After rehydration, that's ithow to make vegan ragù:
- In a pan, heat the oil and add a chopped celery, onion and carrot. Let the vegetables brown.
- Add the well “drained” and cold granular soy. Raised the flame and let the white wine evaporate.
- Stir constantly, when the wine has evaporated, lower the heat again and add the tomato puree.
- Season with salt, add ground pepper and cook, with the lid on, for about 50 minutes (always over low heat).
Vegan Genoese ragout, the recipe
Always using the soy granules it is possible to prepare an excellent onevegetarian Genoese ragù. The procedure is the same as seen previously while the ingredients are:
- 250 g of soy granules
- 3 carrots
- 3 large blond onions
- half a glass of red wine to evaporate
- salt, pepper and oil,just enough
- parsley,just enough
These ingredients are useful for dressing 450 grams of pasta.
Vegan ragout without soy, vegetable ragout
The ingredients for theVegetable Ragusee the use of:
- 1 onion
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 carrot
- 100 gr of peas
- About 300 ml of vegetable broth
- salt and oil as needed
- 300 ml of tomato paste
With these ingredients you can season about 180 grams of pasta. It is a very simple vegetable sauce to prepare.
- Heat the broth
- In a pan aside, fry all the finely chopped vegetables. When the onion is golden, add a couple of tablespoons of broth.
- Wait 3 - 4 minutes and add the fresh peas and a ladle of hot broth.
- Cook, with the lid on, for 10 minutes. Check the cooking conditions often and if the bottom of the pan becomes dry, add more broth.
- Add the tomato paste and a pinch of cala.
- Cook for another 20 minutes over low heat.
Aside, boil the pasta and finish cooking in the pan with your vegetarian dressing.
The same recipe can be used to prepare a good onelentil ragout. In practice, you just need to replace 100 grams of peas with 200 grams of unhulled lentils.
In both cases you can add spices to taste, thyme, marjoram and sage are perfect for vegetable ragout, without forgetting the great classic: basil.
These vegan ragoutthey can be used to enrich gnocchi, fresh pasta or lasagna. For other recipes, I refer you to the vegan lasagna recipe.